We are writing to advise you of a delay to the start of the 2018 Auckland Noumea Yacht Race.
This decision, which takes into account the recommendations of meteorological professionals is as follows;
- The start has been rescheduled for 1000 hours, Sunday 3rdJune
- In light of the forecast pack attached to this email, we will continue to monitor the weather situation, and will notify skippers if there is any further change to the start time. Any change be communicated by email no later than 0800 hours Sunday 3rdJune.
- We also confirm the change suggested at the briefing regarding storm sails. The storm sails sail-past will take place on Saturday 2ndJune between 1000-1200 hours. The location of this will be in the waters adjacent to the north end of the “Tank Farm” (Brigham Street, situated between Westhaven and the Viaduct).
Saturday 2 June 2018
Sail Past – Storm Sails
- Between 1000 to 1200 hours
- In the waters adjacent to the north end of the “Tank Farm” (Brigham Street, situated between Westhaven and the Viaduct).
Sunday 3 June 2018
The start is rescheduled for 1000 hours Sunday 3rdJune 2018
- Notification of any further change to the start time will be communicated via email no later than 0800 Sunday 3rdJune
- Competitors obligations regarding VHF checks and confirmation of number of persons on board as set out in clause 7 of the sailing instructions, shall now be carried out no more than one (1) hour before the start and not less than 15 minutes before the start.
On behalf of the Auckland Noumea Race Committee